About the Fredericksburg Area Running Club, Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Series:
10 Mar 19 John Robbins Organ Donor 4 Miler
30 Mar 19 J Brian’s Tap Room 15K
6 Apr 19 Stafford Hospital 5K
9 Jun 19 SPCA Rescue Run 5K
16 Jun 19 Battling Cancer 5K
4 Jul 19 Heritage Festival 5 Miler
20 Jul 19 Downtown Mile
18 Aug 19 Devil's Den 10 Miler
21 Sep 19 Baron “Deuce” Braswell Run Against Teen Violence 5K
20 Oct 19 Spotsylvania YMCA 10K Run Through History
2 Nov 19 Family Fun Cow Run 5K
8 Dec 19 Blue & Gray Half Marathon
1. For 2019, there are 12 races. To win any prize, you must run at least seven (7) races and volunteer two times at a FARC event between 1 Jan 2019 and 30 Nov 2019 during the year that you qualify for an award.
2. Please report your volunteer activities by e-mail to the FARC Grand Prix Director at farc.grand.prix.com within 30 days of your volunteer event.
3. All award winners must be an active member of FARC on 1 Aug 2019 and on 15 Dec. 2019.
4. The following cash titles will be awarded:
a. The top three overall males and females 1st: $300 2nd: $200 3rd: $100
b. The top three overall master males and females (40 years and older) 1st: $300 2nd: $200 3rd: $100
5. A runner may only win one cash title award.
6. Runners winning cash title awards will be removed from age group awards.
7. The top three males and females in each age group will receive an award.
8. All runners finishing seven of the Grand Prix races will receive a unique award
recognizing their accomplishment.
9. The Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Awards Prix Banquet will be held in January 2020.
Age groups for male and female runners are 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+. Your age on August 1, 2019 will be used to determine which age group you are in. So, if you turn 40 on or before August 1, 2019 you will be scored in the 40-44 category for the Grand Prix series.
HOW POINTS ARE SCORED:
Males run only against males and females run only against females when scoring grand prix points. Consider each sex as a separate race. In each race, the first-place finisher will receive 1000 points; each subsequent finisher will receive 2 fewer points than the finisher before them. The first 10 finishers will be: first-1000, second-998, third-996, fourth-994, fifth-992, sixth-990, seventh-988, eighth-986, ninth-984 and tenth-982. Grand champions are determined by adding a runner’s best seven scores to get their total championship points. Total championship points are used for overall.
CLYDESDALE & ATHENA:
You must register for Clydesdale or Athena divisions by August 1, 2019 to qualify for awards. A Clydesdale is any aged male weighing over 210 pounds. An Athena is any aged female weighing over 160 pounds. Register at email@example.com
Grand Prix Award Volunteer Opportunities and the FARCMAN EXTRA MILE AWARD:
Grand Prix and FARCMAN awards are not just about racing, but also about volunteering in
the running community. There are three different ways to win the FARCMAN Extra Mile
1. Complete all 12 Grand Prix races in the Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Series and
volunteer for at least two FARC sponsored activities.
2. Complete 11 races in the Grand Prix & volunteer for at least 3 FARC sponsored activities.
3. Runners may also qualify by volunteering for events in which they participate; i.e. work at packet pick-up and run in the race. Please report your volunteer activities by e-mail to the FARC Grand Prix Director at farc.grand.prix.com within 30 days of your volunteer event.
The following events are eligible volunteer opportunities for Grand Prix
awards and the 2018 FARCMAN Extra Mile award:
The Great Train Race (double volunteer time awarded)
FARC booth at Marine Corps Historic Half-Marathon Expo (double volunteer time
Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon (double volunteer time awarded)
FARC Administration (Board of Directors, Race Directors, etc.)
FARC Newsletter stuffings
FARC Track Series at James Monroe High School
All FARC-owned Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix races (J. Brian’s 15K, Downtown Mile,
Devil’s Den 10 Miler, Baron “Deuce” Braswell II Run Against Teen Violence 5K)
FARC Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Annual Banquet
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT ANY RULES/VOLUNTEER EVENTS:
All-Time Grand Prix Stats and Current Standings