About the Fredericksburg Area Running Club, Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Series:
11 Feb 18 Sweethearts 4 Ever 4-Miler
4 Mar 18 John Robbins Organ Donor 8K
7 Apr 18 J Brian’s Tap Room 15K
14 Apr 18 Stafford Hospital 5K
10 Jun 18 SPCA Rescue Run 5K
17 Jun 18 Battling Cancer 5K
4 Jul 18 Heritage Festival 5-Miler
14 Jul 18 Downtown Mile
19 Aug 18 Devil's Den 10 Miler
22 Sep 18 Baron “Deuce” Braswell Run Against Teen Violence 5K
14 Oct 18 Spotsylvania YMCA 10K Run Through History
3 Nov 18 Family Fun Cow Run 5K
2 Dec 18 Blue & Gray Half Marathon
1. For 2018, there are 13 races. To win any prize, you must run at least seven (7)
races and volunteer two times at a FARC event between 1 Jan 18 and 30 Nov 2018.
2. Please report your volunteer activities by e-mail to the FARC Grand Prix Director
at farc.grand.prix.com within 30 days of your volunteer event.
3. All award winners must be an active member of FARC on 1 Aug 2018 and on 15
4. The following titles will be awarded
a. The top 5 overall males and females will receive overall titles
b. Masters are runners 40 years or older.
(1) The total number of male master titles awarded will be 5 plus the number of male master runners receiving an overall title
(2) The total number of female master titles awarded will be 5 plus the number of female master runners receiving an overall title.
c. Grand Masters are runners 50 years or older
(1) The total number of male grand master titles awarded will be 1 plus the number of male grand master runners receiving a master title
(2) The total number of female grand master titles awarded will be 1 plus the number of female grand master runners receiving a master title
5. A runner can win multiple titles. A runner winning multiple titles will receive
only one prize award, that of the highest value.
6. Prize awards for overall male and female titles are at least, $500, $300, $200,
$100 and $50.
7. Prize awards for master male and female titles are at least $400, $300, $200,
$100 and $50. If there are more than 5 master titles for a gender awarded, those
title winners will receive at least $50.
8. Prize awards for grand master male and female titles are at least $100. If there is
more than 1 grand master title for a gender awarded, those title winners will receive at least $50.
9. Runners winning an awarded title will be removed from age group awards
10. All runners finishing seven of the Grand Prix races will receive a unique award
recognizing their accomplishment.
11. Volunteers at FARC events will be entered a random drawing at each annual
awards banquet. Three names will be picked for prizes worth $50 each. Your name
will be entered for each time you volunteer, so the more you volunteer, the greater
your chances are of winning.
12. The 2018 Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Awards Prix Banquet will be held in
Age groups for male and female runners are 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+. Your age on August 1, 2014 will be used to determine which age group you are in. This also includes the master’s cutoff. So, if you turn 40 on or before August 1, 2018 you will be scored in the 40-44 category for the Grand Prix series.
HOW POINTS ARE SCORED:
Males run only against males and females run only against females when scoring grand prix points. Consider each sex as a separate race. In each race, the first-place finisher will receive 1000 points; each subsequent finisher will receive 2 fewer points than the finisher before them. The first 10 finishers will be: first-1000, second-998, third-996, fourth-994, fifth-992, sixth-990, seventh-988, eighth-986, ninth-984 and tenth-982. Grand champions are determined by adding a runner’s best seven scores to get their total championship points. Total championship points are used for overall, masters and age group standings.
CLYDESDALE & ATHENA:
You must register for Clydesdale or Athena divisions by August 1, 2018 to qualify for awards. A Clydesdale is any aged male weighing over 210 pounds. An Athena is any aged female weighing over 160 pounds. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand Prix Award Volunteer Opportunities and the FARCMAN EXTRA MILE AWARD:
Grand Prix and FARCMAN awards are not just about racing, but also about
volunteering in the running community. There are three different ways to win the
FARCMAN Extra Mile award.
1. Complete all 13 Grand Prix races in the Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Series
and volunteer for at least two FARC sponsored activities.
2. Complete 12 races in the Grand Prix & volunteer for at least 3 FARC sponsored
3. Complete 11 races in the Grand Prix & volunteer for at least 4 FARC sponsored
Runners may also qualify for awards by volunteering for events in which they
participate; i.e. work at packet pick-up and run in the race. Please report your
volunteer activities by e-mail to the FARC Grand Prix Director at farc.grand.prix.com
within 30 days of your volunteer event.
The following events are eligible volunteer opportunities for Grand
Prix awards and the 2018 FARCMAN Extra Mile award:
The Great Train Race (double volunteer time awarded)
FARC booth at Marine Corps Historic Half-Marathon Expo (double volunteer
Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon (double volunteer time awarded)
FARC Administration (Board of Directors, Race Directors, etc.)
FARC Newsletter stuffings
FARC Track Series at James Monroe High School
All FARC-owned Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix races (J. Brian’s 15K, Downtown
Mile, Devil’s Den 10 Miler, Baron “Deuce” Braswell II Run Against Teen Violence 5K)
FARC, Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Series, Annual Awards Banquet
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT ANY RULES/VOLUNTEER EVENTS:EMAIL: email@example.com
All-Time Grand Prix Stats and Current Standings