5 Feb 17 Sweethearts 4 Ever 4-Miler
5 Mar 17 John Robbins Organ Donor 8K
1 Apr 17 J Brian’s Tap Room 15K
8 Apr 17 Stafford Hospital 5K
11 Jun 17 SPCA Rescue Run 5K
4 Jul 17 Heritage Festival 5-Miler
15 Jul 17 Downtown Mile
20 Aug 17 FARC 10 Miler
23 Sep 17 Baron “Deuce” Braswell Run Against Teen Violence 5K
15 Oct 17 Spotsylvania YMCA 10K Run Through History
4 Nov 17 Fellowship of Christian Athletes 5K
3 Dec 17 Blue & Gray Half Marathon
- To win any prize, you must run at least seven (7) races.
- All award winners must be an active member of FARC. The membership will be checked after the last race of the 2017 season.
- The following titles will be awarded
a. The top 5 overall males and females will receive overall titles
b. Masters are runners 40 years or older.
(1) The total number of male master titles awarded will be 5 plus the number of male
master runners receiving an overall title
(2) The total number of female master titles awarded will be 5 plus the number of female
master runners receiving an overall title.
c. Grand Masters are runners 50 years or older
(1) The total number of male grand master titles awarded will be 1 plus the number of
male grand master runners receiving a master title
(2) The total number of female grand master titles awarded will be 1 plus the number of
female grand master runners receiving a master title
- A runner can win multiple titles. A runner winning multiple titles will receive only one prize award, that of the highest value.
- Prize awards for overall male and female titles are at least, $500, $300, $200, $100 and $50.
- Prize awards for master male and female titles are at least $400, $300, $200, $100 and $50. If there are more than 5 master titles for a gender awarded, those title winners will receive at least $50.
- Prize awards for grand master male and female titles are at least $100. If there is more than 1 grand master title for a gender awarded, those title winners will receive at least $50.
- Runners winning an awarded title will be removed from age group awards
- All runners finishing seven of the Grand Prix races will receive a unique award recognizing their accomplishment.
- The overall male and female winners from the 2017 Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Series will receive complimentary entries into all Grand Prix races of the 2018 series.
- Volunteers at FARC events will be entered into a random drawing. Three names will be picked for prizes worth $50 each. Your name will be entered each time you volunteer, so the more you help out the greater your chances are of winning. News letter stuffing counts as volunteer time.
- All awards will be given out at the Annual Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Banquet to be held in January, 2018.
Age groups for male and female runners are 14 and under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+. Your age on August 1, 2017 will be used to determine which age group you are in. This also includes the master’s cutoff. So, if you turn 40 on or before August 1, 2017 you will be scored in the 40-44 category for the Grand Prix series.
HOW POINTS ARE SCORED:
Males run only against males and females run only against females when scoring Grand Prix points. Consider each sex as a separate race. In each race, the first place finisher will receive 1000 points; each subsequent finisher will receive 2 fewer points than the finisher before them. So the first 10 finishers will be: first-1000, second-998, third-996, fourth-994, fifth-992, sixth-990, seventh-988, eighth-986, ninth-984 and tenth-982.
Grand champions are determined by adding a runner’s best seven scores to get their total championship points. Total championship points are used for overall, masters and age group standings. Due to health concerns, 14 and under runners will not be scored in series races that are 15K or longer.
CLYDESDALE & ATHENA:
You must register for Clydesdale or Athena divisions by August 1, 2017 to qualify for awards. A Clydesdale is any aged male weighing over 210 pounds. An Athena is any aged female weighing over 160 pounds. Register at firstname.lastname@example.org
FARCMAN EXTRA MILE AWARD:
This year, the FARCman award is not just about racing, but about volunteering in the running community. There will be 3 different ways to earn the FARCman Extra Mile award.
- Complete all 12 Grand Prix races in the Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Series and volunteer for at least 1 FARC sponsored activity.
- Complete all 11 races in the Grand Prix & volunteer for at least 3 FARC sponsored activities.
- Complete 10 races in the Grand Prix & volunteer for at least 5 FARC sponsored activities.
In order to qualify, runners may miss no more than 2 races in the Series. Runners may qualify by volunteering for events in which they participate; i.e. work at packet pick-up and also run in the race if reported by the event director. In all cases, an event director must be aware of your volunteering and provide your name to the Grand Prix Director within 30 days after the event at email@example.com.
The following events are considered eligible for the 2017 FARCman Extra Mile award:
All Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix races
FARC Coldwell Banker Elite Grand Prix Annual Banquet
FARC Cross Country Series at Pratt Park
FARC Track Series at James Monroe High School
FARC booth at the MCM Historic Half-Marathon Expo
FARC Newsletter stuffings
FRED Events races
The Great Train Race
Young Lives 5K
QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ABOUT ANY RULES/VOLUNTEER EVENTS:
All-Time Grand Prix Stats and Current Standings